- Title: Professor
- Job Class Code: 0101
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Appointment Criteria: Must be appointed at a minimum of 50% FTE. Appointment to the rank of Professor requires outstanding, mature scholarship as evidenced by accomplishments in teaching, and in research as evaluated in terms of national recognition
- Length of Appointment: No term limits
- Eligible for Tenure: Yes
- Voting Rights: Eligible with 50% or more appointment.
- Earn types: REG, SUM, PDR, E/C, LWO, S/L, TPS, ADS, ENS, PLP, MLP
, DPP (School of Dentistry only)
- WOS may only be used for an unpaid joint appointment
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both. Faculty may be appointed to professorial ranks at a minimum of 50% FTE. The percentage of appointment must be clearly documented at the time of hire. The percent of appointment may affect voting rights.
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Must have a terminal degree
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date
- Service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice
- Copy of job advertisement from print journal
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- Professors hold continuing appointments with no term limits
- No annual reappointment process necessary
- Emeritus Eligibility: Yes. See Professor Emeritus
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity. Normally such resignations should be given at least three months prior to the termination date.
- The unit should forward the resignation letter to AHR.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.