- Title: Teaching Associate
- Service Period: 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Teaching Associate appointments are normally instructional positions.
- Length of Appointment: Quarterly or Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Determined at local level.
- Documentation Required
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Letters of Recommendation (three preferred, minimum one)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Background Check documents, if applicable*
** Background check documents should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not include background check information in the hire packet.
- Not a promotable title.
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Teaching Associates must be considered and recommended for reappointment each year.
- There are no limits to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- Annual appointments must be given 6 months notice.
- If the faculty member leaves the University prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be provided.