Clinical Associate Professor
- Title: Clinical Associate Professor
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Clinical appointments are normally given to an individual who holds a primary appointment with an outside agency or non-academic unit at the University. If the primary appointment is with another University, Clinical Associate Professors must be an Associate Professor at that institution.
- Length of Appointment: Annual appointment, with indefinite reappointments
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: May receive salary, limited to less than 50% for 6 months or more. If paid, must meet the University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at School/College level
- A faculty vote is required for short term appointments. The unit faculty, by a majority vote, may delegate authority to the Chair/Director to make short term appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Documentation required:
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Letters of recommendation (three preferred, one minimum)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Background Check documents, if applicable*
** Background check documents should be sent directly to email@example.com. Do not include background check information in the hire packet.
- Promotion for a clinical appointment is not required in any specific year. When a unit wishes to recommend promotion, the instructions and deadline dates for promotion to Professor should be followed. Each School/College may have additional internal procedures and guidelines for promotion to Clinical Professor.
- Reviewed annually
- Emeritus Eligibility: Eligible for emeritus status, see Clinical Associate Professor Emeritus