Academic Personnel

Permanent Residence Sponsorship

The University of Washington sponsors scholars in certain faculty titles for permanent residency, also known as a green card.

Eligible faculty titles include:

  • Professor track titles (including tenured, tenure-track, and without tenure)
  • Research professor track titles
  • Clinical professor dental pathway track titles
  • APL professor without tenure track titles
  • Professor of Practice
  • Senior Lecturer
  • Lecturer Full-Time

In order to be eligible for University sponsorship, appointments must include some element of teaching responsibilities, whether through classroom teaching, laboratory instruction, or mentorship.

Because the sponsorship process is complicated and can be lengthy, units should bring green-card-eligible appointments to the attention of an International Scholar Adviser as soon as possible in order to facilitate a successful green card sponsorship.

Additional Resources