- Title: Visiting Scholar
- Limitations on Appointment: No other title can be held at UW simultaneously. Visiting Scholars cannot be the instructor of record for any course. Visiting Scholars cannot have an indefinite appointment.
- Length of Appointment: Up to two years
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: Not eligible for UW salary
- Eligible to receive payment through purchasing.
- Full-time / Part-time: both
- Promotable: No
- Search Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Details: Must hold professorial title at another institution.
- Documentation Required:
- Offer letter from unit Chair/Director to scholar, signed by both.
- Visa, if applicable
- Not a promotable title
- Eligible for reappointment up to two years only.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No