Skip to content

Maintaining E-3 Status

It is your responsibility to understand and comply with the terms of your status during your stay in the U.S. A violation of the immigration regulations could have serious consequences. Review this information carefully and contact ISO if you have questions.

Work Only in the Position Authorized by Your E-3

Your E-3 status is both employer and job-specific. Your UW-sponsored E-3 does not allow you to work for any other employer. In most cases the UW must file a new Labor Condition Application with the Department of Labor and I-129 petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you are authorized to accept a new job at UW. If you change employers, your new employer must file a new Labor Condition Application and obtain approval on an I-129 petition from USCIS, or you must exit, apply for a new E-3 visa stamp, and reenter, before you can begin your new job.

Report Address Changes

Persons in E-3 and E-3D status must notify USCIS of all residential address changes.

Maintain a Full-Time Job

Your employment at the UW must remain full-time while you are under UW visa sponsorship. The UW does not sponsor E-3 visas for part-time positions.

Registration Documentation

For individuals in E-3 and E-3D status, evidence of registration is your most recent Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record or, if you were issued an electronic I-94 record, the entry stamp in your passport.