Skip to content

E-3D dependents

Your dependents (spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age) are eligible for E-3D status regardless of nationality. Although the spouse and children of E-3 employees usually enter on E-3D visas, they may enter in other visa classifications for which they qualify, such as F-1, J-1, E-3, or H-1B. Domestic partners are not eligible for E-3D status but may apply for B-2 visas. B-2 visitors are not eligible to work or study in the U.S.

E-3D Employment

After arriving in the U.S., E-3 spouses may request permission to work in the U.S. by filing Form I-765 with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). E-3D dependents are not eligible to work without a valid employment authorization card.

Study in E-3D Status

There is no restriction on study for persons in E-3D status.