Skip to content

Change of address reporting requirement

AllĀ individuals living in the US who are not US citizens must report to US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) any change of address within 10 days of the address change. The “address” is where the individual physically resides. Federal law imposes severe penalties for failure to notify USCIS of a change of address.

UW faculty and scholars on J-1 visas, including dependents in J-2 status, comply with the address-change reporting requirement by notifying International Scholars Operations (ISO) of any change in residential address, phone number, or e-mail address. ISO will report the new informationĀ to USCIS. UW students on F-1 and J-1 visas should contact International Student Services for assistance.

Persons other than J exchange visitors and F students must use immigration Form AR-11 to report a change of address.