- Title: Librarian Emeritus
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: The emeritus appointment may be recommended by the University Libraries for a retired librarian whose professional performance and achievements have been meritorious. The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the University Libraries and achievement of the rank of Librarian or Associate Librarian
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
- Dean of University Libraries
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Librarian
- Documentation Required:
- Dean’s letter to Provost
- Termination is effective on date of death.
- Coordinate termination process in Workday with the Integrated Service Center (ISC).