The University of Washington administration encourages all employees to seek alternatives to driving to campus alone whenever possible, and there are a variety of methods available that include traveling by bus, train, bike, carpool, or even the ZipCar car-sharing program.
UW Transportation Services offers invaluable information about the different parking and commuting options for UW employees including:
- Parking on campus/parking permits
- Purchasing an employee U-PASS for public transit (bus/train)
- UW Rideshares
- UW Shuttles, including the free Health Sciences Express shuttle which travels in Seattle between Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, the clinics at UWMC-Roosevelt and the UW Tower
Contact UW Transportation Services to discuss what the best option is for you as a commuter to the University of Washington. To purchase a parking permit or U-PASS, you must have an Employee ID number (EID) and Husky Card.
UW Tacoma and UW Bothell
For faculty whose appointments are at the UW Tacoma or UW Bothell campuses, there are specific resources regarding transportation options for both campuses.
- For UW Tacoma, see their Getting To Campus page for specific information on transportation options.
- For UW Bothell, see their Commuter Services page.