Academic Personnel

Getting Settled

The administrators in your academic appointing unit will provide you with important logistical details related to your new appointment, including office space, computers and phones. We have assembled an onboarding list to help ensure that you have all the resources necessary to settle into your new environment. Please review this list and check with your local administrator if you have any questions.

There are a few points of interest that we feel are important enough to deserve repetition.

Integrated Service Center (ISC)

The University of Washington’s Integrated Service Center (ISC) is your source for help on questions about HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, and Workday support. The ISC includes a comprehensive self-service website, drop-in center, and phone and email support. The ISC is committed to providing exceptional customer service to the UW’s faculty, staff, and student workers.

Online | Phone 206-543-8000 | Email | Drop In UW Tower O-2

Appointment Title

You can obtain your appointment title and Employee ID number from administrative staff in your unit.

You need to know your appointment title to:

  • Determine your benefits eligibility
  • Understand the UW policies applicable to your employment

You need to know your Employee ID number (EID) to:

NOTE: The policies described in this online orientation apply to all Faculty, Librarians and Academic Staff, with the exception of Residents and Fellows. Information for Residents and Fellows is available from Graduate Medical Education.

Husky Card

Your Husky Card is your official UW identification card. You must obtain your Husky Card in person at one of five Husky Card Account Offices located on the UW Seattle campus, UW Bothell campus, UW Tacoma campus, UW Medical Center or Harborview Medical Center. Bring your Employee ID number and a state or federally issued photo ID, such as license or passport. Your photo will be taken for your Husky Card.

You can add money to your Husky Card Account for use in local restaurants, vending machines, and campus stores. There are many uses for your Husky Card, including but not limited to:

UW NetID and UW Email Account

Your UW NetID is:

  • Your personal identification for accessing your UW personal information and other online services, including UW Email, MyUW, and central administrative applications.
  • Your UW NetID is the same as the first part of your UW email address (


You can read more about UW NetIDs and UW Email on the IT Connect website.


MyUW is your personal portal to University of Washington information. It is an easy-to-use tool for finding the resources you need to fulfill your goals at the University. You can customize MyUW by including or excluding the services you see listed, adding bookmarks to your favorite links, and choosing the background and accent colors you prefer. You can also customize your information in the UW Directory. Click in to MyUW and use your UW NetID and password to log on.

If you need assistance, ask your local computer support staff or contact UW IT Connect via email at, or call 206-221-5000.

Additional Resources