- Title: Lecturer, Part-Time
- Job Class Code: 0185
- Service Period:3,6,9 or 12 months (1 or 2 for Summer quarter only)
- Limitations on Appointment: Lecturer, Part-Time, may be annual at less than 100%, or as much as 100% on a quarter by quarter basis
- Length of Appointment: Quarter by quarter up to 100%, or annual at less than 100%
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Earn Types: REG, S/L, E/C, TPS, SUM
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for annual appointments only.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at the local level (experience may qualify in place of degrees)
- A faculty vote is required for short term appointments. The unit faculty, by a majority vote, may delegate authority to the Chair/Director to make short term appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Documentation required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- At least one letter of recommendation (3 preferred)
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Visa documents, if applicable
- If not reappointed separate in OPUS.
- Reappointment occurring within one calendar year of separation date requires a letter or the Short-Term Faculty Appointment or Reappointment form. The original should be sent to Academic Human Resources.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.