There are many resources available to assist in learning new technologies or updating skills. Whether you’d like to streamline course duties or learn how to create a database, the UW has a resource for you!

Educational Outreach

Educational Outreach partners with the community as well as UW units to offer summer quarter classes, certificate programs, English language programs and online learning.

Professional Development

The UW offers several professional development resources for faculty and academic staff. A few of these resources are listed below. A more detailed list of UW Resources and Amenities can be found any time on the Academic Human Resources homepage.

Tuition Exemption Program – (6 Credits Free)

The University of Washington Tuition Exemption Program, enables UW employees, State of Washington employees and members of the Washington National Guard who have been admitted to the University of Washington, to have tuition waived for up to 6 credits when enrollment is on a “space-available” basis . The Tuition Exemption Program is available at all University of Washington campuses.

Those who enroll at the UW on a “space-available” basis for more than six credits will receive the tuition waiver for the first six credits, and will pay a per credit charge for the credits taken over six.

Student Accounts administers a program which waives the out of state portion of tuition for faculty, academic staff, spouses, and dependents who meet enrollment requirements at the UW.

Out-of-State Tuition Waiver

Eligible participants receive a waiver of the out of state portion of tuition, and pay in-state rates, at the University of Washington. The program entitles participants to receive a waiver for a total of 4 quarters following the first quarter of eligibility after the date of hire. Eligible faculty and academic staff are those who are employed at 50% or more at the beginning of the quarter.

Waivers can be requested by contacting the Integrated Service Center (ISC). Please be sure to include eligible faculty member’s name, student name and student number. The first application will require proof of relationship, such as marriage certificate for spouses and tax returns or birth certificates for dependents.

Additional Resources