Academic Personnel

Family Care Leave

The Washington State Family Care Act (FCA) entitles employees to use their choice of available paid sick leave or other paid leave to care for a family member who has a serious health condition. An employee may choose to take unpaid family care leave instead of paid sick leave. Paid Sick Leave and Family Care Leave provide pay for up to 90 days. When taken, it usually runs concurrently with FMLA leave.

Family Care Act Leave Request Process

Contact your unit administrator for guidance about the leave request process.

Additional Resources