- Title: Adjunct Professor
- Limitations on Appointment: Must hold a primary appointment as a Professor in another unit at the University.
- Length of Appointment: Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Promotable: No
New Appointment Details
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Chair/Director’s letter from the faculty member’s home unit approving the adjunct appointment
- Letters of recommendation (three preferred, one minimum)
- Not a promotable title.
- Adjunct appointments are annual and must be considered for reappointment each year by the faculty of the department (or undepartmentalized college or school). There are no limitations to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- The documentation required to reappoint an Adjunct Professor is a letter from the Chair/Director, including the faculty vote, with the Dean/Chancellor’s signed concurrence. Please contact your Dean/Chancellor’s office for any other documentation they may require.
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity (Faculty Code Section 24-56A).
- Adjunct appointments end at the time of termination.