The University of Washington reaffirms its policy of equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran. This policy applies to all programs and facilities, including, but not limited to, admissions, educational programs, employment, and patient and hospital services. Any discriminatory action can be a cause for disciplinary action.
Discrimination is prohibited by:
- Presidential Executive Order 11246 as amended,
- Washington State Gubernatorial Executive Orders 89-01 and 93-07,
- Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964,
- Washington State Law Against Discrimination RCW 49.60,
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
- State of Washington Gender Equity in Higher Education Act of 1989,
- Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990,
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 as amended,
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975,
- Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1972 as amended,
as well as other federal and state statutes, regulations, and University policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action compliance efforts at the University of Washington are coordinated by the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, you may contact us for more information.