- When is my report due?
- Do I submit an Annual Report even if I had no activities in the past Academic Year?
- Why do I have to complete an Annual Report every year?
- I participate in an activity each year. Can I copy information from last year’s report?
- My report is listed in Ongoing Preparation. Am I done yet?
- I would like to keep a copy of my report. Can I print my record?
- How can I make changes to a locked report?
- Additional Resources
On November 15th of each year your report of the previous Academic Year is due. For example: On November 15, 2013 your report of the 2012-2013 Academic Year (July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013) is due.
Yes. The Annual Report is required for all faculty, even if you don’t have any activities to report. You must report that you had no activities. See below for a list of steps:
- Enter the Annual Report System.
- Click Begin Yearly Report on the left side of the screen.
- Select the appropriate academic year. Activity reporting, whether compensated or uncompensated, follows the university academic year (July 1 – June 30).
- Click Finish on the right side of the screen. This will create a new academic year, under which new activities can be reported.Submit your Report with No Activities:
- Click SUBMIT REPORT from the left side of the page. This will submit a report with no activities.
The Annual Report of Outside Activities required by the University of Washington Faculty Code.
Each member of the faculty, librarians, and other academic personnel shall submit a summary of all outside professional work, both for remuneration and for public or community service, for the previous academic year, to the dean, director of University Libraries, or vice president, with a copy to the Provost, by November 15 of each year. The University of Washington has developed the Annual Report of Outside Activities to facilitate this reporting.
The report will be distributed to your Dean/Chancellor’s Office.
Yes, please see below for specific steps:
- Select the Academic Year Report where you want the copied activities to appear by:
- Selecting an existing academic year report (see tutorial), or
- Creating a new academic year report (see tutorial).
- Click COPY ACTIVITY from the left side of the screen.
- Select the activity you want to copy from the pulldown menu.
- Click OK on the right side of the screen.
- The copied activity will appear in your activity list of the report.
- Click the name of the copied activity from the right side of the screen. You can now review a summary of your activity.
- If the information is correct:
- Click COMPLETE from the left side of the screen.
- If the information is not correct:
- Click the EDIT THIS ACTIVITY on the left side of the screen.
- Fill in or update the required information.
- Select Continue from the right side of the screen.
- Fill or update the required information.
- Select Finish from the right side of the screen. Note: the next step must be completed to submit the activity. If you do not complete the activity now, you can always edit and/or submit it later.
- You can now review a summary of your activity. If the information is correct, click COMPLETE from the left side of the screen.
No. You may have added all of your activities to your report, but you must still submit the report. To finish your report, see the steps below:
- Click on the academic year of the report you want to submit.
- Click SUBMIT REPORT from the left side of the page.
Yes, See the steps below:
- Select an existing academic year report.
- Select an existing activity from the list on the right side of the screen.
- Click Click here for a Printer-Friendly view of this Activity
- Print the page.
- Click OK to return to the activity overview page.
- Click GO BACK from the left side of the screen to view other activities in the current academic year report. Repeat Steps 2-4 to print other activities in the current report
There are several options, you can call or email the Office of Research. The Office of Research will be able to unlock your report within one day. Then you can make any necessary changes, but don’t forget to re-submit your report when you are finished.