- Title: Visiting Professor
- Job Class Code: 0131
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Should be a Professor at another institution. This title can be held for a maximum of two years.
- Length of Appointment: 3,6,9,12
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: N/A
- Allowable Earn Types: REG, PDR, S/L, E/C, SUM, TPS, ENS, WOS
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum for full Professor
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required prior to OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Must have a terminal degree
- Documentation Required:
- Dean’s letter, or concurrence on Chair’s letter
- Chair’s letter, including faculty vote
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form
- VISA documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Appointment for a set period of time. If the faculty member leaves prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be sent to AHR.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.