- Title: Visiting Assistant Professor
- Job Class Code: 0133
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Should hold an Assistant Professor title at another institution. This title may be held for a maximum of two years.
- Length of Appointment: 3,6,9, 12 months
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: N/A
- Allowable Earn Types: REG, PDR, E/C, S/L, SUM, TPS, ENS, WOS
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum for an Assistant Professor
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required prior to OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Must have a terminal degree
- Documentation Required:
- Dean/Chancellor’s letter, or concurrence on Chair/Director’s letter
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Appointment for a set period of time. If the faculty member leaves prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be sent to AHR.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.