- Title: Provost Emeritus
- Job Class Code: 0200
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: "The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the faculty and achievement of the rank of professor or associate professor. Under certain circumstances the President may grant emeritus status to an administrator at the level of Dean or Vice President, or at other levels if deemed appropriate." See the Volume II Chapter 24 of the Handbook for further detail. Emeritus administrative titles are typically held by individuals when they retire or return to faculty positions at the conclusion of their administrative duties.
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Earn types allowed: WOS, TFA, TEC
- Salary Requirements: Determined by primary appointment
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Provost
- Separation is effective on date of death.
- Coordinate separation action in OPUS with the Benefits Office.