- Title: Lecturer Emeritus
- Job Class Code: 0188
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the faculty and achievement of the rank of lecturer, senior lecturer or principal lecturer. Must be retired from the UW to hold this title.
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Persons of emeritus status (unless serving on a part-time basis) are not voting members of the faculty.
- Earn types: WOS, TFA, TEC
- Salary Requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
- Unit vote
- AHR approval not required prior to OPUS entry.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Lecturer
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter with vote results
- Letter to the Dean/Chancellor with a copy to Academic Human Resources stating the intention to retire.
- Once the copy of the letter is received in Academic Human Resources the retirement can then be entered into OPUS. If a unit plans on appointing a faculty member as Emeritus for the following academic year, a vote should be taken during Spring quarter of the current year. The Emeritus title can then be entered on-line. The OPUS entry must include a WOS earn type distribution line.
- Salary Information: Please view our Partial Reemployment Policy for salary information.
- Separation is effective on date of death.
- Appointing unit should coordinate separation action in OPUS with the Benefits Office.