- Title: Clinical Assistant Professor
- Job Class Code: 0163
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Clinical appointments are normally given to an individual who holds a primary appointment with an outside agency or non-academic unit at the University. If the primary appointment is with another University, Clinical Assistant Professors must be as Assistant Professor at that institution.
- Length of Appointment: Annual appointment, with indefinite reappointments
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Earn Types allowed: C/A, REG, ECH, E/C
- Salary Requirements: May receive salary. If paid, must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval not required prior to OPUS entry.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at School/College level
- A faculty vote is required for short term appointments. The unit faculty, by a majority vote, may delegate authority to the Chair/Director to make short term appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Documentation required:
- Dean/Chancellor’s letter, or concurrence on Chair/Director’s letter
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Letters of recommendation (3 preferred, 1 minimum)
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Promotion for a clinical appointment is not required in any specific year. When a unit wishes to recommend promotion, the instructions and deadline dates for promotion to Associate Professor should be followed. Each School/College may have additional internal procedures and guidelines for promotion to Clinical Associate Professor.
- Reviewed annually, AHR receives copy of letter.
- Emeritus Eligibility: Not eligible for emeritus status
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.