Leave Without Pay Process

Academic Personnel may apply for a full or partial leave of absence without pay (LWO). LWO may be requested for up to one academic year at a time, and may be granted for up to two years. Requests should be submitted prior to the start of the leave.  For more information on LWO, please visit the Leave Without Pay page for Faculty and Academic Staff.

Unit Responsibilities

  • Send the signed request form to AHR.
  • For partial leave, attach a memo describing part-time duties.
  • Make necessary changes in payroll and include AHR approval date in the PERM notes.

Additional Resources