Academic personnel who serve in the armed forces may be eligible for a military leave of absence under state and federal law.
- The employee completes the Military Leave of Absence Request form and submits it, along with a copy of the military orders, to the unit.
- The dean’s or chancellor’s office reviews the request and signs the form.
- The dean’s office forwards the completed and signed form to Academic Human Resources.
- The unit enters the appropriate leave information into payroll (MLP for up to 21 days, after 21 days record as LWO).
- AHR notifies the employee that the leave has been recorded.