- Title: Teaching Associate
- Job Class Code: 0169
- Service Period: 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Teaching Associate appointments are normally instructional positions.
- Length of Appointment: Quarterly or Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Allowable Earn Types: REG, PDR, E/C, LWO, S/L, MLP, TPS, SUM
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval not required prior to OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Determined at local level.
- Documentation Required
- Dean/Chancellor’s letter, or concurrence on Chair/Director’s letter
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Letters of Recommendation (3 preferred, minimum 1)
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Teaching Associates must be considered and recommended for reappointment each year.
- There are no limits to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- Annual appointments must be given 6 months notice.
- If the faculty member leaves the University prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be sent to AHR.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.