- Title: Senior Lecturer, part-time
- Job Class Code: 0178
- Service Period:3,6,9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Senior Lecturer, part-time, may be annual at less than 100%, or as much as 100% on a quarter by quarter basis
- Length of Appointment: quarter by quarter up to 100%, or annual at less than 100%
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Earn Types: REG, S/L, E/C, TPS, SUM
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-Time/Part-time: Part-time
- Promotable Title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for annual appointments. AHR approval not required for OPUS entry of appointments for one or two quarters.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at the local level (experience may qualify in place of degrees)
- A faculty vote is required for short term appointments. The department faculty, by a unanimous vote, may delegate to the chair the authority to make short term appointments without a full faculty vote.
- Documentation required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Visa documents, if applicable
- If not reappointed, separate in OPUS.
- Reappointment occurring within one calendar year of separation date does not require New Hire documentation
- If reappointed: submit a letter or the Short-Term Faculty Appointment or Reappointment form, the original should be sent to Academic Human Resources.