- Title: Senior Lecturer Full Time
- Job Class Code: 0117
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Senior Lecturer is an instructional title that may be conferred on persons who have special instructional roles and who have extensive training, competence, and experience in their discipline.
- Length of Appointment: May be on an annual or multiple year contract (one to five years)
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Yes
- Earn types: REG, SUM, PDR, WOS, LWO, S/L, E/C, TPS, MLP
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Full-time
- Promotable Title: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements:This is an instructional title that may be conferred on persons who have special instructional roles and who have extensive training, competence and experience in their discipline
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice
- Copy of job advertisement
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- The reappointment decision must be made in the last year of appointment, six months (or in the case of an initial annual appointment, three months) before the appointment expiration date.
- Emeritus Eligibility: Yes, see Senior Lecturer Emeritus
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity. Normally such resignations should be given at least three months prior to the termination date, or within 15 days of notification of terms of a reappointment, whichever occurs later, and usually become effective at the end of an academic year.
- The unit should attempt to obtain such a letter with a statement from the faculty member indicating the name and address of next employer.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.