- Title: Lecturer, Part-Time, competitive recruitment
- Job Class Code: 0140
- Service Period: 9 or 12
- Limitations on Appointment: Annual and multiple year. Exceptions to be reviewed by the Provost.
- Length of Appointment: Annual at less than 100%
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Earn Types: REG, S/L, E/C, TPS, SUM, ENS, ADS
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable Title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for multiple year appointments.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at the local level (experience may qualify in place of degrees)
- A faculty vote, or vote delegated to a committee, is required
- Documentation required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Visa documents, if applicable
- If not reappointed separate in OPUS.
- Reappointment occurring within one calendar year of separation date requires a letter or the Short-Term Faculty Appointment or Reappointment form. The original should be sent to Academic Human Resources.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.