- Title: Lecturer, Full Time
- Job Class Code: 0115
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Length of Appointment: Annual contract only
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Yes
- Earn types: REG, SUM, PDR, LWO, S/L, E/C, TPS, MLP, ADS
- WOS may only be used for an unpaid joint appointment
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/Part-time: Full-Time
- Promotable Title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval required for OPUS entry
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined at the local level (experience may qualify in place of degrees)
- Documentation required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- May be reappointed indefinitely.
- The reappointment decision must be made in the last year of appointment, six months (or in the case of an initial annual appointment, three months) before the appointment expiration date.
- Joint Lecturer appointments must be considered for reappointment annually.
- Emeritus Eligibility: Yes. See Lecturer Emeritus
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity. Normally such resignations should be given at least three months prior to the termination date, or within 15 days of notification of terms of a reappointment, whichever occurs later, and usually become effective at the end of an academic year.
- The unit should attempt to obtain such a letter with a statement from the faculty member indicating the name and address of next employer.
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.