- Title: Associate Professor without Tenure, 3 year
(Job Class Code is inactive after 5/1/2013. Please see job class code 0109.)
- Job Class Code: 0119
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: for faculty hired from other institutions who have research programs and/or teaching experience; or hires from industry who need time to establish their research and teaching portfolio before being considered for tenure.
- Length of Appointment: 3 years
- Eligible for Tenure: Yes
- Voting Rights: Eligible with 50% or more appointment FTE.
- Earn types: REG, PDR, LWO, S/L, TPS, ADS, ENS
- WOS may only be used for an unpaid joint appointment
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both. Appointment on a part-time basis, at a minimum of 50% FTE, does not extend the tenure review period.
- Promotable: Mandatory review for award of tenure required not later than the 2nd year of appointment.
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Must have a terminal degree
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice
- Copy of job advertisement
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- Mandatory review for award of tenure in the second year