- Title: APL Professor without Tenure
- Job Class Code: 0104
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Appointment to the rank of APL Professor WOT requires a primary professional staff appointment in APL controlling the terms of employment.
- Length of Appointment: No term limits, this appointment will expire no later than the date the individual separates from the APL professional staff employment.
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Voting status determined at time of appointment
- Earn types: WOS, all salary distributions will be made through the professional staff position.
- Salary Requirements: Determined by and paid through APL professional staff position
- Full-time/Part-time: Faculty appointment to correspond to primary staff appointment percentage.
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
- Additional Information: A copy of the joint agreement between the responsible administrative unit, APL and the appointing academic unit, and the signed memorandum of understanding that outlines the conditions of the appointment must be submitted to AHR with the appointment packet.
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Determined by primary professional staff recruitment.
- Documentation Required:
- Original Dean/Chancellor’s letter to President recommending appointment should include:
- Start date and service period
- Original Chair/Director’s letter to Dean/Chancellor recommending appointment should include:
- Memorandum of Understanding signed by the responsible administrative unit, APL, appointing Dean and candidate
- Original offer letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- UW Biography Form, signed
- Academic Human Resources Ad Approval Notice
- Copy of job advertisement
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Email approval from Academic Human Resources must be received by the hiring unit prior to entering the appointment in OPUS. This email approval must be included in the notes section of the PERM
- APL Professors without Tenure hold continuing appointments with no term limits.
- No annual reappointment process necessary.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- Irrespective of the general terms of a WOT professorial appointment, this WOT appointment will expire no later than the date the individual separates from the APL professional staff employment (e.g. resignation, termination, or retirement).
- Separation action needs to be entered in OPUS.