- Title: Adjunct Associate Professor
- Job Class Code: 0152
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Must hold a primary appointment as an Associate Professor in another unit at the University.
- Length of Appointment: Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Allowable Earn Types: WOS, REG
- Salary Requirements: Generally paid on primary appointment. If paid on adjunct appointment, must match primary appointment salary rate.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals: AHR approval not required prior to OPUS entry, but the paperwork must be in the AHR office at time of entry.
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Determined for primary appointment.
- Documentation Required:
- Dean/Chancellor’s letter, or concurrence on Chair/Director’s letter
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Chair/Director’s letter from the faculty member’s home unit approving the adjunct appointment
- Letters of recommendation (3 preferred, 1 minimum)
- If promoted in the primary unit, the unit of the adjunct appointment must consider a corresponding promotion or appointment is ended.
- Adjunct appointments are annual and must be considered for reappointment each year by the faculty of the unit. There are no limitations to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- The documentation required to reappoint an Adjunct Associate Professor is a letter from the Chair/Director, including the faculty vote, with the Dean/Chancellor’s signed concurrence. Please contact your Dean/Chancellor’s office for any other documentation they may require.
- When a faculty member decides to resign their Adjunct appointment, a resignation letter should be sent to AHR.
- Appointment should be ended in OPUS.
- Adjunct appointments end at the time of retirement or separation