- Title: Visiting Scientist
- Service Period: 1-12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Should not be the instructor of record for any course.
- Length of Appointment Term: Three years for all US and non-US citizens.
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum
- Full-time/part-time: Full-time, unless a partial leave of absence is approved by AHR.
- Promotable: No
- Search Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Details: Must not be an enrolled student at home institution.
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s Letter
- Letters of Recommendation (three preferred, one is mandatory)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Visa Documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Not a promotable title
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- If the person leaves prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be provided