Visiting Associate Professor
- Title: Visiting Associate Professor
- Service Period: 9 or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Should hold Associate Professor title at another institution. This title may be held for a maximum of two years.
- Length of Appointment: 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: N/A
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum for an Associate Professor
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Must have a terminal degree
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Three Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Visa documents, if applicable
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Not a promotable title
- May be reappointed on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Appointment for a set period of time. If the faculty member leaves prior to the end of their appointment, a resignation letter should be provided.