Senior Lecturer Emeritus
- Title: Senior Lecturer Emeritus
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: “The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the faculty and achievement of the rank of professor or associate professor. Under certain circumstances the President may grant emeritus status to an administrator at the level of Dean or Vice President, or at other levels if deemed appropriate.” See the Chapter 24 of the Faculty Code for further detail. Must be retired from the UW to hold this title.
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Persons of emeritus status (unless serving on a part-time basis) are not voting members of the faculty.
- Salary Requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable title: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
- Unit vote
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Senior Lecturer
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter with vote results
- Letter to the Dean/Chancellor stating the intention to retire.
- If a unit plans on appointing a faculty member as Emeritus for the following academic year, a vote should be taken during Spring quarter of the current year.
- Salary Information: Please view our Partial Reemployment Policy for salary information.
- Termination is effective on date of death.
- Coordinate termination process in Workday with the Integrated Service Center (ISC).