- Title: Lecturer Emeritus
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: The normal criteria for appointment with the emeritus title are at least ten years of prior service as a member of the faculty and achievement of the rank of lecturer, senior lecturer or principal lecturer. Must be retired from the UW to hold this title.
- Length of Appointment: This is a lifelong appointment
- Eligible for tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Persons of emeritus status (unless serving on a part-time basis) are not voting members of the faculty.
- Salary Requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals:
- Unit vote
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: See Lecturer
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter with vote results
- Letter to the Dean/Chancellor stating the intention to retire.
- If a unit plans on appointing a faculty member as Emeritus for the following academic year, a vote should be taken during Spring quarter of the current year.
- Salary Information: Please view our Partial Reemployment Policy for salary information.
- Termination is effective on date of death.
- Coordinate termination process in Workday with the Integrated Service Center (ISC).