Associate Professor – Retired
- Title: Associate Professor – Retired
- Service Period: 9 months or 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Must be retired from the UW to hold this title.
- Length of Appointment: Can be reemployed up to five years beyond the date of retirement.
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: Yes, during the Quarter(s) he or she is serving on a part-time basis
- Salary Requirements: Salary will remain at rate held on retirement date unless a mandated cost-of-living increase takes place.
- Full-time/Part-time: see below
- Promotable: No
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
- Required Approvals
- Unit vote
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: see Associate Professor
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter
- Letter to the Dean/Chancellor stating the intention to retire.
- Salary Information: Please view our Partial Reemployment Policy for salary information.
- Terminate when faculty member is not active in the unit.