- Title: Assistant Librarian
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: Must be appointed through University Libraries.
- Length of Appointment Term: The appointment is for a two-year term. In all cases, the mandatory review for promotion must be made after the first complete year of their initial two-year appointment.
- Eligible for Permanent/Continuing Status: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: Must meet University minimum.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: Yes
New Appointment Details
- Educational Requirements: Usually requires a Graduate degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association or an equivalent graduate library science/information studies degree
- Documentation Required:
- Dean’s letter to Provost
- Offer Letter
- Position Description
- Recommendations on Rank/Status
- Letters of Reference (three preferred, one is mandatory)
- AHR Ad Approval Notice
- Applicant Flow Confirmation Page
- Promotions are done at the local level.
- Not eligible for reappointment.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No