Affiliate Associate Professor
- Title: Affiliate Associate Professor
- Service Period: 12 months
- Limitations on Appointment: This title is considered a courtesy appointment and is not intended to be a benefits-eligible position. Faculty appointed to the title Affiliate Associate Professor must hold the rank of Associate Professor at their home institution or have experience in the field which qualifies them for the professorial rank. If terminating from the UW and remaining affiliate, the affiliate rank must match the recent professorial title regardless of rank at the new institution. For example, Associate Professor at UW = Affiliate Associate Professor.
- Length of Appointment: Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Salary Requirements: If paid, must meet University minimum for an Associate Professor. Effort (FTE) should remain below benefits eligibility threshold.
- Full-time/Part-time: Both
- Promotable: Yes
- Competitive Recruitment Required: No
New Appointment Details
- Educational/Experience Requirements: Determined at School/College level
- Documentation Required:
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Letters of recommendation (three preferred, one minimum)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Background Check documents, if applicable
- Promotion for an affiliate appointment is not required. When a unit wishes to recommend promotion, the instructions and deadline dates for promotion to Professor should be followed.
- Affiliate appointments are annual and must be considered for reappointment each year by the faculty of the unit. There are no limitations to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- The documentation required to reappoint an Affiliate Associate Professor is a letter from the Chair/Director, with the Dean/Chancellor’s signed concurrence, including the term of the appointment, the faculty vote (votes for, against, abstaining, absent, and total number of eligible voters), reasons for the faculty decision, and the Chair/Director’s independent recommendation.
- Emeritus Eligibility: No
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity (Faculty Code Section 24-56A).