Adjunct Research Assistant Professor
- Title: Adjunct Research Assistant Professor
- Limitations on Appointment: Must hold a primary appointment as a Research Assistant Professor in another unit at the University.
- Length of Appointment: Annual
- Eligible for Tenure: No
- Voting Rights: No
- Promotable: No
New Appointment Details
- Chair/Director’s letter, including faculty vote
- Chair/Director’s letter from the faculty member’s home department approving the adjunct appointment
- Letters of recommendation (three preferred, one minimum)
- If promoted in the primary unit, the unit of the adjunct appointment must consider a corresponding promotion or the appointment is ended.
- Adjunct appointments are annual and must be considered for reappointment each year by the faculty of the unit. There are no limitations to the number of reappointments that can be made.
- The documentation required to reappoint an Adjunct Research Assistant Professor is a letter from the Chair/Director, including the faculty vote, with the Dean/Chancellor’s signed concurrence. Please contact your Dean/Chancellor’s office for any other documentation they may require.
- A faculty member has a professional obligation to give a written notice of resignation at the earliest possible opportunity (Faculty Code Section 24-56A).
- Adjunct appointments end at the time of termination.